Chicken Cream Puffs
|Water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|All purpose flour||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Cooked chicken||1 Cup (16 tbs), diced|
|Chopped sweet pickles||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Celery||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chopped|
|Grated onion||To Taste|
1) Preheat oven to a temperature of 400 degrees.
2) In a bowl, add chicken, pickles, celery, onion, salt and pepper and mix well. Add mayonnaise to mixture.
3) In a saucepan placed over medium flame, combine water, butter and salt. Bring mixture to a boil.
4) Remove mixture from flame and beat into flour with a spoon. Place flour mixture over low flame and stir till the mixture leaves the sides of the pan and forms a ball. Remove from flame.
5) Add one egg to the balled mixture and beat till it has blended well. Then add the remaining egg and beat till the concoction is smooth.
6) On an ungreased cookie sheet, drop the smoothened mixture with a teaspoon 2 inches apart. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes.
7) Removed baked puff from the cookie sheet and allow to cool on a wire rack. Cleanly cut off tops with a sharp knife.
8) Stuff the puffs with chicken mixture and replace tops.
9) Serve at room temperature.