Steak With Mushroom Puff Tartlets
|Puff pastry||4 Ounce (100 Gram)|
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Shallot||1 , finely chopped|
|Chestnut mushrooms||4 Ounce, chopped (100 Gram)|
|Chopped thyme||1 Teaspoon|
|Double cream||1 Tablespoon|
|Steak fillet||10 Ounce (140 Gram)|
1) Set your oven to preheat at 200C/fan 180C/gas 6.
2) Prepare the pastry sheet with the thickness of a £1 coin by rolling on a flat surface. Cut 2 x 12cm circles from the sheet with the help of a cutter or by scoring around a saucer. Score another circle 2cm in from the edge and prick the pastry inside the border.
3) Use a baking tray to arrange these. Place the tray inside oven and bake for 20-25 minutes or until the pastry turns golden and puffed.
4) Make a space on the risen middle of the pastry to fill with the filling. Set aside.
5) Use a pan to heat oil. Add shallots and sauté these until translucent. Add mushrooms and thyme and again sauté for some time until the mushrooms get dry and tender.
6) Add the port or Madeira and let it bubble for 2 minutes. Now add cream and allow the mixture to simmer for another minute until the sauce gets thick. Keep this aside.
7) Prepare the steaks by rubbing little oil and seasoning.
8) Use a griddle pan to heat up. Place the steaks on hot griddle and cook these for 2-3 minutes on each side until both sides become done as medium rare. Use foil to cover the steaks with foil and let it sit for another 10 minutes.
9) Reheat the tartlets and putting the heat on low, warm the mushroom mixture.
10) On a warm serving platter, arrange the tartlets and spoon over the mushroom mixture. Arrange the fillet steaks on top.
11) Garnish the steaks with a sprig of thyme and serve with Balsamic spinach and Oven sauted potatoes on side.