|Butter||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Boiling water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Sifted flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Fat||2 Cup (32 tbs) (For Frying)|
1) Heat oil in heavy hot to 365°F, 5 minutes prior to frying.
2) In a saucepan, melt the butter and mix boiling water.
3) Next, add flour and salt to the saucepan and stir well.
4) Place the saucepan over moderate heat and stir continuousaly for about 2 minutes or until the mixture no longer sticks to the sides of the saucepan and is smooth.
5) Allow the mixture to cool down for about a minute.
6) Now, gradually whisk in eggs, one by one and beat the mixture generously after each egg addition. Make sure the mixture is soft, fluffy and forms glossy peaks.
7) Lastly, add vanilla to this mixture and stir.
8) Heat the vegetable oil in a deep pot to 365°F and drop the batter in it by using a teaspoon.
9) Fry the puffs in hot oil for about 3 -4 minutes, or until dark brown on all sides. Turn them ocassionally to brown evenly on all sides.
10) Place on paper towels to drain.
11) Serve hot or cold, garnished with confectioners' sugar or fill up with your favourite filling.
Calories 1347 Calories from Fat 1206
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 134 g206.8%
Saturated Fat 47.8 g238.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 362.5 mg120.8%
Sodium 319 mg13.3%
Total Carbohydrates 24 g8.1%
Dietary Fiber 0.84 g3.4%
Sugars 0.6 g
Protein 10 g19.5%
Vitamin A 18.9% Vitamin C
Calcium 4% Iron 13.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet