Puff Pastries with Tomato, Cranberry & Almond Pesto
|Puff pastry sheet||1|
|Eggs||1 , beaten|
|For pesto sauce|
|Grape tomato||1 Pound (Concerto Grape Tomatoes)|
|Dried cranberries||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Cranberry juice||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Slivered almonds||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Salt and pepper||To Taste|
1. Preheat oven to 365 degree F.
2. Cut puff pastry sheet into bite size squares.
3. Lay them on a baking sheet, pierce the dough all over with a fork and brush with beaten egg.
4. Pop the sheet in oven and bake until golden brown.
5. Place a pot over medium heat, add tomatoes, cranberries, cranberry juice, and salt in it. Bring it to a boil. Simmer for 20 minutes or until the mixture has broken down and liquid has reduced by half.
6. Place mixture in a food processor and puree with slivered almonds.
7. Season with salt and pepper.
8. Spoon the mixture onto puff tarts.
9. Garnish with cheese, if desired. Serve and enjoy!
Calories 446 Calories from Fat 136
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 15 g23.8%
Saturated Fat 2.9 g14.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 26.4 mg8.8%
Sodium 220 mg9.2%
Total Carbohydrates 64 g21.2%
Dietary Fiber 11.1 g44.6%
Sugars 30.8 g
Protein 10 g19.8%
Vitamin A 9.4% Vitamin C 13.9%
Calcium 5.3% Iron 3.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet