Homemade Strawberry Cream Puffs
|Basic cream puff paste||1⁄2|
|Fresh strawberries||1 Pint|
|Granulated sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Heavy cream||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Almond extract||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Confectionery sugar||4 Tablespoon (10X Sugar)|
1. Make basic cream puff paste.
2. Drop paste by rounded tablespoonfuls into 6 even mounds, 2 inches apart, on an ungreased large cooky sheet.
3. Bake in a hot oven (400°) 40 minutes, or until puffed and golden brown. Remove to wire rack; cool completely.
4. To make filling: Wash strawberries; set aside 6 for garnish. Hull remaining berries; slice into a medium-size bowl; stir in 3 tablespoons of the granulated sugar. Chill at least 30 minutes.
5. Beat cream with remaining granulated sugar and the almond extract in a medium-size bowl until stiff. Chill.
6. Just before serving, cut a slice from top of each puff; remove any filaments of soft dough. Fold sliced berries into cream, spoon about 1/3 cup into each puff; replace tops. Sieve 10X sugar over top. Arrange on a serving plate and garnish with strawberries and mint leaves, if you wish.