|Frozen puff pastry||14 Ounce (400 Gram)|
|Cooked ham||5 Ounce (150 Gram)|
|Butter||1 Ounce (25 Gram)|
|Double cream||60 Milliliter (4 Tablespoon)|
|Tomme de savoie cheese||4 Ounce (100 Gram)|
|Egg yolk||1 (For The Glaze)|
1. Thaw the pastry. Peel and chop the onion. Chop the ham. Melt the butter in a frying pan and gently fry the onion and ham over a low heat, stirring occasionally. Add the cream and cook, uncovered, for 5 minutes. Season, remove from the heat and leave to cool.
2. Dice the cheese and add it to the mixture in the frying pan.
3. Preheat the oven to 230°C (450°F; gas mark 8).
4. On a floured surface, roll out the pastry to a thickness of 3 mm (1/8 inch). Divide it into 8 squares and place one-quarter of the filling in the centre of each of 4 squares. Wet the edges with a little water and cover each with one of the 4 remaining squares. Press the edges firmly together. Brush with the egg yolk beaten with a little water to glaze.
5. Sprinkle a baking sheet with water and place the puffs on it. Bake for 20 minutes, checking from time to time to make sure they do not get too brown. Serve hot.