|Frozen puff pastry||14 Ounce (400 Gram)|
|Cooked ham||5 Ounce (150 Gram)|
|Butter||1 Ounce (25 Gram)|
|Double cream||60 Milliliter (4 Tablespoon)|
|Tomme de savoie cheese||4 Ounce (100 Gram)|
|Egg yolk||1 (For The Glaze)|
1. Thaw the pastry. Peel and chop the onion. Chop the ham. Melt the butter in a frying pan and gently fry the onion and ham over a low heat, stirring occasionally. Add the cream and cook, uncovered, for 5 minutes. Season, remove from the heat and leave to cool.
2. Dice the cheese and add it to the mixture in the frying pan.
3. Preheat the oven to 230°C (450°F; gas mark 8).
4. On a floured surface, roll out the pastry to a thickness of 3 mm (1/8 inch). Divide it into 8 squares and place one-quarter of the filling in the centre of each of 4 squares. Wet the edges with a little water and cover each with one of the 4 remaining squares. Press the edges firmly together. Brush with the egg yolk beaten with a little water to glaze.
5. Sprinkle a baking sheet with water and place the puffs on it. Bake for 20 minutes, checking from time to time to make sure they do not get too brown. Serve hot.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 3159 Calories from Fat 2149
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 239 g368.1%
Saturated Fat 54.3 g271.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 246 mg82%
Sodium 3214.9 mg134%
Total Carbohydrates 193 g64.5%
Dietary Fiber 8.3 g33.3%
Sugars 8.9 g
Protein 66 g132.9%
Vitamin A 18.6% Vitamin C 16.9%
Calcium 9.8% Iron 60.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet