Hot Cheddar Puffs
|Curry powder||2 Teaspoon|
|Ground coriander||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Ground cumin||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Ground red pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon (Cayenne)|
|Butter/Margarine||6 Tablespoon, cut into pieces|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|All purpose flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Cheddar cheese||4 Ounce, shredded to make 1 cup|
1. Preheat oven to 400°F. Grease two large cookie sheets.
2. In 3-quart saucepan, combine curry powder, coriander, cumin, and ground red pepper. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until very fragrant, about 1 minute. Stir in butter, salt, and water; heat to boiling over high heat. Remove from heat. With wooden spoon, stir in flour all at once. Return pan to medium-low heat, stirring constantly, until mixture forms a ball and leaves side of pan. Remove from heat.
3. Stir in eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition, until batter is smooth and satiny. Stir in Cheddar. Spoon batter into large pastry bag fitted with 1/2-inch plain tip. Pipe batter, about 1 inch apart, on cookie sheets, forming 1-inch-wide and 3/4-inch-high mounds. Alternatively, drop teaspoons of dough on cookie sheets. With fingertip dipped in cool water, smooth peaks.
4. Bake puffs until deep golden, 25 to 30 minutes, rotating cookie sheets between oven racks halfway through baking. Transfer to wire racks to cool. Repeat with remaining batter.
5. Serve puffs at room temperature or reheat in 400°F oven 5 minutes to serve hot.