Strawberry Cream Puffs
|Cream puff paste||1 Cup (16 tbs) (1/2 Recipe, Basic Variety)|
|Strawberries||1 Pint (2 Cups)|
|Granulated sugar||4 Tablespoon|
|Heavy cream||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Almond extract||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|10x confectioner's powdered sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1. Make Basic Cream-Puff Paste.
2. Drop paste by rounded table-spoonfuls in 6 even mounds, 2 inches apart, onto a large cookie sheet.
3. Bake in hot oven (400°) 40 minutes, or until puffed and golden-brown. Remove to wire rack; cool completely.
4. Make filling: Wash strawberries; set aside 6 for garnish. Hull remaining berries; slice into a medium-size bowl; stir in 3 tablespoons of the granulated sugar. Chill at least 30 minutes.
5. Beat cream with remaining tablespoon granulated sugar and the almond extract until stiff in a medium-size bowl. Chill.
6. Just before serving, cut a slice from top of each puff; remove any filaments of soft dough. Fold sliced berries into cream, spoon about 1/3 cup into each puff; replace tops. Sieve 10X sugar over top. Arrange on a serving plate and garnish with strawberries and mint leaves, if you wish.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2119 Calories from Fat 1312
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 148 g227.6%
Saturated Fat 92.9 g464.3%
Trans Fat 2.9 g
Cholesterol 605.9 mg202%
Sodium 214.5 mg8.9%
Total Carbohydrates 189 g62.9%
Dietary Fiber 9.6 g38.4%
Sugars 150.5 g
Protein 20 g39.4%
Vitamin A 71.7% Vitamin C 472.8%
Calcium 32% Iron 11.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet