Homemade Pecan Puffs
|Vegetable shortening||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Sifted confectioners' sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Sifted regular all purpose flour||2 1⁄4 Cup (36 tbs)|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
|Finely chopped pecans||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Confectioners' sugar||1 Tablespoon (As Required)|
Early on day:
1. In bowl, cream shortening with 1/2 cup sugar until fluffy. Then beat in flour, salt, and vanilla. Carefully fold in pecans.
2. Start heating oven to 375Â°F.
3. Shape dough into 1-inch balls. Place on greased cookie sheets.
4. Bake 10 to 12 minutes, or until golden.
5. Roll immediately in confectioners' sugar; cool on wire racks. Roll again in sugar. Makes 42.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 3741 Calories from Fat 2350
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 269 g414.2%
Saturated Fat 56.9 g284.7%
Trans Fat 27 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 983.2 mg41%
Total Carbohydrates 302 g100.7%
Dietary Fiber 15.8 g63.2%
Sugars 77.3 g
Protein 37 g73.8%
Vitamin A 1% Vitamin C 1.6%
Calcium 10.5% Iron 85.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet