|Soft shortening||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Peanut butter||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Sifted confectioners sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
|Sifted regular all purpose flour||2 1⁄4 Cup (36 tbs)|
|Salted peanuts||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs), finely chopped|
|Sifted confectioners sugar||1 Tablespoon|
1. Start heating oven to 375Â°F.
2. Cream shortening with peanut butter and salt until light and fluffy, gradually adding confectioners' sugar. Blend in vanilla, then flour. Stir in peanuts; mix well.
3. Shape dough into small balls. Place on ungreased cookie sheets.
4. Bake 12 minutes, or until golden brown.
5. Roll immediately in confectioners' sugar. If desired, reroll cookies, when cool, in more confectioners' sugar. Makes 4 dozen.