|Soft shortening||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Peanut butter||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Sifted confectioners sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
|Sifted regular all purpose flour||2 1⁄4 Cup (36 tbs)|
|Salted peanuts||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs), finely chopped|
|Sifted confectioners sugar||1 Tablespoon|
1. Start heating oven to 375Â°F.
2. Cream shortening with peanut butter and salt until light and fluffy, gradually adding confectioners' sugar. Blend in vanilla, then flour. Stir in peanuts; mix well.
3. Shape dough into small balls. Place on ungreased cookie sheets.
4. Bake 12 minutes, or until golden brown.
5. Roll immediately in confectioners' sugar. If desired, reroll cookies, when cool, in more confectioners' sugar. Makes 4 dozen.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 4120 Calories from Fat 2426
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 281 g432.6%
Saturated Fat 60.6 g302.8%
Trans Fat 20.2 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 2047.8 mg85.3%
Total Carbohydrates 344 g114.6%
Dietary Fiber 24.7 g98.7%
Sugars 86.3 g
Protein 75 g150.9%
Vitamin A 0.1% Vitamin C 0.9%
Calcium 23.1% Iron 107.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet