Cheese Puff Shillong Style
|Plain flour||50 Gram (1 Cup)|
|Cheese||100 Gram, grated|
|Eggs||4 Small, beaten|
|Ground roasted cumin||1 Teaspoon (Leveled)|
|Salt||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon (Leveled)|
|Green chillies||2 , chopped|
|Finely chopped coriander||2 Tablespoon|
|Milk/Water / vegetable oil||300 Milliliter (1 1/4 Cup)|
1. Heat butter and water or milk together in a pan over low heat until the butter is melted and water is at boiling point.
2. Remove from heat add flour and beat vigorously with a wooden spoon, until mixture is smooth and falls away from the side of the pan.
3. Allow the mixture to cool slightly then add the beaten eggs gradually a little at a time and beat well.
4. Stir in cheese, onion, cumin, chilli, salt, coriander and pepper. Mix well.
5. Heat oil in a pan and fry 1 teaspoon of mixture until it puffs up and colour turns golden and crisp from all sides. Fry the mixture a few at a time in batches. Drain well on a kitchen paper.
6. Serve hot with sweet and sour sauce (See chapter "Sauces" in The Flavours of China) by same author or tomato sauce.