|Butter/Margarine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), in chunks|
|All purpose flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1. In a 2- to 3-quart pan over high heat, stir 1 cup water, 1/2 cup butter, and sugar until butter is melted and mixture boils, about 3 minutes.
2. Add flour, remove from heat, and stir until dough holds together. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating vigorously after each addition until smooth. Let cool to room temperature, 10 to 15 minutes.
3. Spoon dough in 2-teaspoon portions 1 inch apart on 2 buttered baking sheets, each 12 by 15 inches.
4. Bake in a 375° oven until puffs are well browned and firm to touch, 25 to
30 minutes; switch pans halfway through baking.
5. Cut an X-shaped slit in the bottom of each puff and set on racks to cool.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1586 Calories from Fat 991
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 112 g172.8%
Saturated Fat 64.2 g320.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 1087.8 mg362.6%
Sodium 294.9 mg12.3%
Total Carbohydrates 107 g35.7%
Dietary Fiber 3.4 g13.5%
Sugars 11.9 g
Protein 39 g78.1%
Vitamin A 75.7% Vitamin C
Calcium 15.2% Iron 52.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet