Cream puffs are another instance of needing to know how to use a pastry bag. The first few you make probably will look as bad as mine - but who cares? They will taste great and get better looking as you master the piping bag.
Choux pastry mix
1 Cup (16 tbs)
1 , beaten (for egg wash)
For whipped cream
1 Cup (16 tbs)
1. Preheat the oven to 500ºF
2. Cut parchment paper to fit the pan and hold down with 4 dollops of choux pastry.
3. In a bowl, add the chilled whipping cream. Using a hand mixer/ stand mixer or wire whisk, start whipping the cream.
4. Once it starts to thicken, add in the sugar and vanilla. Continue beating until soft peaks form.
5. Spoon the pastry batter into a pastry bag fitted with a 1/2” plain tip.
6. Pipe out in mounds onto parchment, each should be 3-1/2” across and 1-1/2” high.
7. Brush each with egg wash.
8. Place sheet pan in the oven and immediately turn down the temperature to 400ºF.
9. Bake for 20 minutes.
10.When done they should feel feather light and be golden brown.
11.Let cool in the pan on a rack. Don’t fill the puffs until you are ready to serve.
12.Using a serrated knife, cut the puffs in half as shown in the video.
13.Spoon in the whipped cream on the bottom half of the puff and cover with the other half.
14.You can coat with fondant, chocolate glaze, or dust with powdered sugar.
If you have already learned to prepare choux pastry, then you should try to bake these cream puffs at your own oven. But that is not all, he also shows the best way to fill the cream puffs or eclairs with cream. Run through the video and try your hands on to prepare these delicious treats.