Parsley Cheese Puff
|Milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Celery salt||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Soft 1/4 inch bread cubes||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Shredded cheddar cheese||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Finely snipped parsley||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Egg yolks||4 , well beaten|
1. Heat milk and celery salt over low heat until just hot.
2. Pour milk into a large bowl; immediately add bread cubes, cheese, and parsley; mix lightly.
3. Add beaten egg yolks and gently fold together.
4. Beat egg whites until stiff, not dry, peaks are formed. Gently fold with cheese mixture. Turn into a buttered 1 1/2 quart casserole.
5. Bake at 325 Â°F about 55 minutes, or until set. Garnish with snipped parsley.