The traditional English Bread And Butter Pudding is a simple dessert prepared with the slices of bread, butter/ margarine, milk, vanilla pudding and raisins. A more traditional recipe would likely use the Custard. Try out with the cinnamon or other variations and enjoy!
6 Cup (96 tbs)
2 Cup (32 tbs) (2 Big Packages Of Cook And Serve)
4 Ounce (2 Box)
1) Butter 7 bread slices on one side and halve diagonally. Place in two rows the pan, overlapping in a christmas tree type formation. similarly butter rest of the slices, cut and keep aside.
2) In a pan, add milk and place over a medium heat and cook the vanilla pudding as per package directions.
3) Sprinkle the raisins all over the bread in the pan, then pour over the half vanilla pudding evenly.
4) Arrange the rest of the buttered slices with the butter side up, sprinkle with the raisins and then pour over rest of the half vanilla pudding evenly.
5) Place in the oven at 350 Degree F for 20-30 minutes, until an inserted pick comes out clean. Allow to stand for 15 minutes before serving.
One of the best ways to use up any leftover loaf of bread in your kitchen is to slice them, slather them with loads of butter, soak them in egg and milk mixture, and bake them until nice golden. Bread and butter pudding is not only a breeze to make, but also makes for a yummy addition to your dessert platter. Chef Merlin show you how you can prepare this simple yet satisfying dessert at home.