Steamed Christmas Pudding
|Powdered sugar||3 Tablespoon|
|Dry bread crumbs||3 Tablespoon|
|Vanilla essence||1 Teaspoon|
|Ginger powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Cinnamon powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Cardamom powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Chopped dates||55 Gram, weighing around 2 oz|
|Chopped mixed peel||55 Gram, weighing around 2 oz|
|Raisins||55 Gram, weighing around 2 oz|
|Cashewnuts||55 Gram, weighing around 2 oz|
|Baking powder||1 Teaspoon (Leveled)|
|Vanilla ice cream/Sweetened fresh cream||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), around 1 scoop|
1. Separate the eggs.
2. Cream the butter and powdered sugar very well.
3. Add the egg-yolks, one at a time and beat very well.
4. Mix all the dry fruits and peel. Sprinkle a little flour over them.
5. Add the fruit and peel mixtures, spices and vanilla essence to the pudding mixture.
6. Beat the egg-whites stiffly.
7. Add the egg-whites, bread crumbs and baking powder to the pudding mixture.
8. In a small vessel, mix 3 teaspoons of granulated sugar and 3 teaspoons of water. Melt until the liquid becomes dark brown and add to the pudding mixture.
9. Grease a 175 mm. (7") diameter baking tin and spread the mixture in it. Cover and cook in a pressure cooker for 15 to 20 minutes. Serve warm or cold.