1. In a deep pot pour whole milk, egg yolks, whole eggs, sugar, corn starch and salt. Mix and bring it to a boil over medium heat stirring constantly.
2. Once the sauce thickens turn the heat off and add the butter and vanilla extract. Stir until the butter melts in the sauce.
3. Transfer in a bowl and refrigerate to chill for 2-3 hours.
4. In a bowl combine whipped cream, powdered sugar and vanilla extract. Whip until nice stiff peaks are formed.
5. Place the wafer in the bottom of the bowl to form a nice even layer.
6. Add the pudding mixture followed by the banana and whipped cream. The top layer has to be of whipped cream.
7. Crush some wafers and sprinkle on top of the whipped cream.
8. Serve after a hearty meal.
The best way to test if your pudding is done is to take a wooden spoon and dip it the pudding, then with your finger run a line down the middle. If the pudding doesn’t run together you know it is ready.