|Wafer biscuits||12 Ounce (Nilla)|
|Bananas||5 Medium, slice|
|For the pudding|
|Whole milk||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Egg yolks||2 Small|
|Whole eggs||2 Medium|
|Sugar||1 1⁄3 Cup (21.33 tbs)|
|Cornstarch||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
|For the whipped cream|
|Heavy whipping cream||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Powdered sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1. In a deep pot pour whole milk, egg yolks, whole eggs, sugar, corn starch and salt. Mix and bring it to a boil over medium heat stirring constantly.
2. Once the sauce thickens turn the heat off and add the butter and vanilla extract. Stir until the butter melts in the sauce.
3. Transfer in a bowl and refrigerate to chill for 2-3 hours.
4. In a bowl combine whipped cream, powdered sugar and vanilla extract. Whip until nice stiff peaks are formed.
5. Place the wafer in the bottom of the bowl to form a nice even layer.
6. Add the pudding mixture followed by the banana and whipped cream. The top layer has to be of whipped cream.
7. Crush some wafers and sprinkle on top of the whipped cream.
8. Serve after a hearty meal.
The best way to test if your pudding is done is to take a wooden spoon and dip it the pudding, then with your finger run a line down the middle. If the pudding doesn’t run together you know it is ready.
Calories 769 Calories from Fat 371
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 43 g65.4%
Saturated Fat 22.6 g113.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 210.7 mg70.2%
Sodium 277.2 mg11.6%
Total Carbohydrates 93 g30.9%
Dietary Fiber 1.7 g6.7%
Sugars 66 g
Protein 9 g18%
Vitamin A 26.6% Vitamin C 9.7%
Calcium 21% Iron 3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet