The vanilla pudding is a classic, fresh dessert, very easy to prepare and sure to be appreciated by both adults and kids.
1. Soak the gelatin in ice cold water in a small bowl and let it rest, In the meantime, pour the milk and the heavy cream into a saucepan and bring almost to a boil, cut the vanilla pod in half lengthwise and add to the milk and cream mixture and let it steep for a few minutes.
2. Strain the milk and cream mixture add the squeezed gelatin to the hot liquid and let it melt.
3. Put the 4 egg yolks in a large bowl, add the sugar and beat for a while. Now add the milk and cream mixture to the eggs in a thin stream and beat constantly until well blended.
4. Now take a mould that holds about 1,3 pints (600-700 ml) of liquid, if you want you can wet the inside with a tablespoon of liqueur of your choice. Pour in the mixture and keep in the fridge for at least 4 hours.
5. Check the pudding after 4 hours the consistency should be firm but elastic. To take it out properly, dip the mould for 1 second in boiling water.
6. Garnish with diced strawberries and whipped cream.
7. Serve the pudding after a hearty dinner.