Love Yorkshire Puddings? Look no further than this easy guide to perfectly golden, crispy puds to serve up with your sunday roast - just don't forget the gravy! These can be improved even further by using lard or beef dripping in place of vegetable oil.
Sunflower oil/Any vegetable oil
1. Pre-heat the oven to about 200 degrees Celsius.
2. In the bottom of each well in the muffin pan, place a couple of teaspoons of oil .
3. Place the tray into the oven and allow to heat up.
4. Whisk the eggs and milk together vigorously until increased in volume and bubbly.
5. Add in the flour, bit by bit, continuing to whisk well. Set aside.
6. Once the oil has been in the hot oven for about 20 minutes, take out the pan and spoon out batter into each muffin well, filling it about one third of the way up. Return the tray to the oven, at the same temperature.
7. Allow to bake for about 20-25 minutes, until well risen and golden brown.
8. Remove from the oven.
9. Serve up with your choice of meat, vegetables, sauce. Enjoy.
You should try to coincide the finishing of the cooking of the puddings with the rest of your dinner, hot and crisp from the oven is the best possible way of serving these.
If using the recipe above with two eggs then it will make about 8 puddings, so plan accordingly.