Bread Pudding With Glenfiddich
|Apricot||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chop|
|Cranberries||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (for bread pudding)|
|Walnut||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chop (for bread pudding)|
|Whiskey||1 Cup (16 tbs) (Glenfiddich 18 Year Old Scotch Whisky)|
|Egg||4 Large (for bread pudding)|
|White bread||6 Cup (96 tbs), cubed, crusts removed (for bread pudding)|
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs) (for bread pudding)|
|Half and half||2 Cup (32 tbs) (for bread pudding)|
|Whipping cream||1 Cup (16 tbs) (for bread pudding)|
|Vanilla||1 Teaspoon (for bread pudding)|
|Cinnamon||1⁄2 Teaspoon (for bread pudding)|
|For glenfiddich sauce|
|Unsalted butter||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs) (for sauce)|
|Granulated sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (for sauce)|
|Nutmeg||1 Teaspoon (for sauce)|
|Cornstarch||1 Teaspoon (for sauce)|
|Whiskey||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (Glenfiddich 18 Year Old Scotch Whisky)|
1. FOR THE PUDDING: Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Take a 13x9 inch baking dish, and grease it with butter. Keep it aside.
3. In a bowl, put apricots and marinate it with ½ cup whiskey. Set it aside.
4. For pudding, take a large mixing bowl, put eggs and whisk it well.
5. Then add cinnamon, and ¾ cup sugar. Mix.
6. Stir in half and half, whipping cream, vanilla, and remaining whiskey. Whisk.
7. Insert bread, cranberries and apricots in bowl. Stir lightly to moist everything in it.
8. Pour the mixture in baking dish. Spread it evenly, sprinkle walnut and sugar on top.
9. Place it in the centre rack of oven, and bake for about 45 minutes or until golden brown.
10. Take it out of oven and allow it to rest for 15 minutes.
11. FOR THE SAUCE: place a small saucepan on low heat, add butter, sugar, cornstarch, and nutmeg.
12. Spoon whiskey in pan, stirring constantly. Heat until bubbly.
13. Remove the pan from heat, and add beaten egg to it.
14. Return the pan to heat, and bring the mixture to boil over low flame. Stir constantly, and cook for 1-2 minutes.
15. Spoon warm sauce on pudding and serve immediately.