This video will show you how prepare a creamy, decadent banana pudding dessert with southern flair! This recipe has a secret ingredient! A true crowd pleaser that I am always asked to bring.
Instant vanilla pudding mix
6 4⁄5 Ounce (2 packs used, 3.4 oz each)
2 Cup (32 tbs)
8 Ounce, divided (1/2 of the container used in the pudding mix; the other half used to top the layer of the pudding)
3 Medium, sliced (3 -6 bananas or as required)
20 Medium (use as required - 1 box contains 80 wafers)
1. In a bowl, add 2 packs on instant vanilla pudding with 2 cups of milk, stir until creamy.
2. Add 8 oz of sour cream and stir well to combine.
3. Add half a container of cool whip (4 oz), stir until well combined.
4. Take a dish, add a layer of sliced bananas and nilla wafers.
5. Spread a spoonful of the prepared pudding mixture on top.
6. Repeat the layering process until done with the pudding mixture on top. Top it by spreading a last layer of the remaining (4 oz) cool whip. Level evenly.
7. Top with nilla wafers lining them or crush them and sprinkle on top. Cover and refrigerate for about 30 to 60 minutes or until chilled.