Breakfast Bread Pudding
|French bread||2 Cup (32 tbs), cubed (and stale)|
|Maple glazed doughnuts||1 Cup (16 tbs), cubed (and stale)|
|For the custard|
|White sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Eggs||2 Large, beaten|
|Milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
|Softened butter||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|For the hard sauce|
|Maple syrup||1 Cup (16 tbs) (Grade A)|
|Butter||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Whiskey||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (Maker’s Mark)|
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
2. Grease a 13 by 9 by 2-inch pan with butter.
3. Whisk together the white sugar, eggs and milk in a bowl then mix in the vanilla, nutmeg and cinnamon.
4. Arrange cubed bread in the greased pan and pour the egg mixture on top.
5. Add butter on top of the bread. Bake for 35 to 45 minutes, or until set.
6. Remove from oven and cool, set aside.
7. In a sauce pan add the butter allow it to melt and then add the maple syrup and whiskey.
8. In a serving plate pour spoonful of the hard sauce and then place a slice of the bread pudding on top.
9. Pour some more hard sauce on top.
10. Serve the delicious French toast bread pudding.
Calories 866 Calories from Fat 325
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 37 g56.5%
Saturated Fat 20.9 g104.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 138.8 mg46.3%
Sodium 639.5 mg26.6%
Total Carbohydrates 117 g38.9%
Dietary Fiber 2.2 g8.9%
Sugars 60 g
Protein 15 g29.1%
Vitamin A 16.5% Vitamin C 0.31%
Calcium 13.4% Iron 21.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet