Once a Week Kitchen - How to Make Sticky Toffee Pudding
|Self raising flour||8 Ounce|
|Soft brown sugar||6 Ounce|
|Soft margarine||4 Ounce|
|Soda bicarbonate||1 Teaspoon|
|Coffee essence||2 Teaspoon|
|Dates||8 Ounce, chopped|
|Boiling water||1⁄2 Pint|
|Soft brown sugar||3 Ounce|
|Single cream||3 Tablespoon|
1. Preheat the oven to 375F. Grease a baking tin.
2. In a large bowl, mix together margarine and sugar, until well incorporated.
3. Break the eggs in, one at a time, mixing after every addition.
4. In a medium bowl, place flour and the soda bicarbonate, sift in this mixture to the egg - sugar mixture, using a spoon carefully fold the flour in.
5. Pour in the coffee essence and the dates, stir to mix. Add boiling water, mix until the mixture is smooth.
6. Pour the mixture to the prepared tin. Bake at 375F for 40 minutes.
7. In a pan, place margarine, single cream and soft brown sugar, heat on low heat until melted, stir constantly.
8. When the pudding is baked, using a fork, poke several holes, pour the prepared sauce in. Allow to sit for about 5 minutes.
9. Cut into equal sized squares and serve.
Calories 407 Calories from Fat 154
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 17 g26.5%
Saturated Fat 3.4 g17%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 87.6 mg29.2%
Sodium 539 mg22.5%
Total Carbohydrates 60 g20%
Dietary Fiber 2.4 g9.7%
Sugars 40.3 g
Protein 5 g11%
Vitamin A 7% Vitamin C 0.22%
Calcium 10.1% Iron 9.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet