Chocolate Bread Pudding with Luscious Chocolate Sauce
|Polyunsaturated margarine||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Reduced calorie white bread slices||6 , crusts removed and cut into squares|
|Skimmed milk||1 Pint (600 milliliter)|
|Unsweetened cocoa powder||2 Tablespoon|
|Muscovado sugar||1 Ounce (25 gram, dark or light)|
|Vanilla essence||1 Teaspoon|
|Icing sugar||1 Teaspoon (for dusting)|
|Plain chocolate||1 Ounce, broken into pieces (25 gram, 70% cocoa solids)|
|Unsweetened cocoa powder||1 Tablespoon|
|Skimmed milk||1⁄4 Pint (150 milliliter)|
|Powdered sweetener||To Taste|
1. Preheat the oven to Gas Mark 4/180°C/fan oven 160°C.
2. Take a 20 cm (8-inch) square baking dish and grease it with margarine.
3. In the greased dish, layer the bread squares.
4. In a small pan, gently heat the milk and cocoa powder.
5. Stir occasionally, until lukewarm.
6. In a clean bowl, whisk the eggs, sugar and vanilla essence together.
7. In the same mixture, add warm milk.
8. Blend the mixture well.
9. Pour the mixture into the baking dish, making sure that all the bread is covered.
10. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours.
11. Bake the pudding for about 35-40 minutes or until set.
13. Remove from the oven and set aside for 5 minutes.
14. To prepare the sauce in a pan mix chocolate, cocoa powder, milk and cornflour.
15. Place the pan over gentle heat.
16. Keep stirring the mixture until smooth and blended.
17. Add sweetener to taste.
18. Dust the pudding with icing sugar
19. Serve delicious chocolate bread pudding with the hot sauce.