|Breadcrumbs||2 Ounce, made from not more than 2-day old bread|
|Cooking apples||4 Ounce, grated (Good Quality)|
|Ale/Beer / stout / milk||1⁄4 Pint|
|Mixed spice||1 Teaspoon|
|Shredded suet||4 Ounce|
|Brown sugar||4 Ounce|
|Carrot||1 Small, grated|
|Mixed candied peel||4 Ounce|
|Blanched almonds||4 Ounce, chopped|
|Prunes/Dried apricots||2 Ounce|
|Lemon||1⁄2 , rind grated and juiced|
|Orange||1⁄2 , rind grated|
|Golden syrup/Black treacle||1 Tablespoon|
1) In a large mixing bowl add in the breadcrumbs, grated apple, ale or milk., flour, eggs, mixed spice, cinnamon, nutmeg, shredded suet, brown sugar, carrot, candied peel, almonds, currants, raisins, sultanas, prunes or apricots, lemon rind and lemon juice, orange rind and golden syrup or black treacle.
2) Mix all the ingredients gently but thoroughly.
3) Leave the mixture to rest in a cool corner overnight.
4) Next day, transfer the pudding mixture into a large pudding basin or two smaller ones.
5) Cover the mixture with a cloth or paper.
6) Steam the pudding for about 6 to 8 hours.
7) Pull the cover off and allow the pudding to cool down.
8) When the pudding has cooled down completely, place a dry cloth or paper over it till time to serve.
9) Steam the Christmas Pudding for 2 hours before serving. If desires, place a bowl of fresh cream or golden syrup on the side.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 4328 Calories from Fat 1548
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 176 g271.3%
Saturated Fat 62.6 g313.2%
Trans Fat 0.2 g
Cholesterol 423 mg141%
Sodium 738.4 mg30.8%
Total Carbohydrates 673 g224.5%
Dietary Fiber 61.3 g245.3%
Sugars 393.3 g
Protein 73 g146.3%
Vitamin A 201.7% Vitamin C 461.2%
Calcium 96.4% Iron 131.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet