Individual Plum Puddings
|Prunes||8 , stoned and chopped|
|Seedless raisins||45 Milliliter (3 tablespoons)|
|Currants||45 Milliliter (3 tablespoons)|
|Sultanas||45 Milliliter (3 tablespoons)|
|Whole almonds||12 , blanched and chopped|
|Tangerine||1 , finely grated rind and juiced|
|Plain flour||30 Milliliter (2 tablespoons)|
|Ground mixed spice||1⁄2 Teaspoon (2.5 ml)|
|Fresh bread crumbs||30 Milliliter (2 tablespoons)|
|Suet||30 Milliliter, shredded (2 tablespoons)|
|Soft brown sugar||30 Milliliter (2 tablespoons)|
|Egg||1 , beaten|
|Brown ale||30 Milliliter (2 tablespoons)|
|Brandy/Rum /sherry||30 Milliliter (2 tablespoons)|
1) Lightly butter 4 dariole moulds or ramekins , and set aside.
2) In a bowl, mix together dried fruits nuts, tangerine rind and juice.
3) In another bowl, sift together the flour, mixed spice and salt.
4) Mix the breadcrumbs, suet and sugar in the dry fruit mixture and mix well together.
5) Stream the beaten egg and brown ale, in the breadcrumb mixture and beat well.
6) Stir in the dried fruit mixture, in the breadcrumb mixture.
7) Put the lid on and leave in a cool place for 24 hours.
8) Stir in the brandy, rum or sherry, in the breadcrumb mixture, stirring well.
9) Fill the dariole moulds or ramekins with the breadcrumb mixture tightly.
10) Wrap the top of the moulds with pleated greaseproof paper, foil and secure tightly with string.
11) In a large saucepan, arrange the moulds, and pour in enough boiling water to come halfway up the sides of the moulds.
12) Heat the saucepan to the boil and steam the puddings for about 1 hour, pouring more boiling water when necessary.
13) Take out the puddings from the pan and allow to cool completely for 1 hour.
14) Remove the covering off the pudding.
15) Serve hot garnished with sprig of holly.
Calories 319 Calories from Fat 105
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 12 g18.2%
Saturated Fat 4.7 g23.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 58 mg19.3%
Sodium 136.9 mg5.7%
Total Carbohydrates 47 g15.7%
Dietary Fiber 3.6 g14.3%
Sugars 28.4 g
Protein 5 g10.4%
Vitamin A 5.6% Vitamin C 18.6%
Calcium 6.2% Iron 7.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet