Sweet Rice Pudding
|Carolina rice||5 Ounce, washed and drained|
|Vanilla pod||1 (1 Stick)|
|Castor sugar||6 Ounce|
1) In a saucepan, heat the milk to boil with vanilla pod.
2) Strain the milk and remove the pod.
3) In another saucepan. cook rice till the liquid is absorbed into the rice.
4) In a bowl, beat together butter, sugar and egg yolks until smooth.
5) Stir in the egg mixture into the rice and simmer until it becomes a thick mixture.
6) Do not boil.
7) Transfer rice mixture in buttered flan ring.
8) Leave to cool and set.
9) Remove the flan ring from the cool place and garnish it with glazed fruit, cherries, angelica, cream if desired.
Calories 587 Calories from Fat 196
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 22 g34%
Saturated Fat 12.6 g63%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 160.2 mg53.4%
Sodium 134.3 mg5.6%
Total Carbohydrates 84 g28.1%
Dietary Fiber 0.96 g3.8%
Sugars 55.6 g
Protein 14 g27%
Vitamin A 14.4% Vitamin C
Calcium 30.4% Iron 4.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet