Sweet Rice Pudding
|Carolina rice||5 Ounce, washed and drained|
|Vanilla pod||1 (1 Stick)|
|Castor sugar||6 Ounce|
1) In a saucepan, heat the milk to boil with vanilla pod.
2) Strain the milk and remove the pod.
3) In another saucepan. cook rice till the liquid is absorbed into the rice.
4) In a bowl, beat together butter, sugar and egg yolks until smooth.
5) Stir in the egg mixture into the rice and simmer until it becomes a thick mixture.
6) Do not boil.
7) Transfer rice mixture in buttered flan ring.
8) Leave to cool and set.
9) Remove the flan ring from the cool place and garnish it with glazed fruit, cherries, angelica, cream if desired.