Creamy Topped Plum Pudding
|Purple plums||1 1⁄2 Pound, halved & pitted (Fully Ripened Ones)|
|Sugar||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Low fat large curd cottage cheese||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Powdered sugar||1 Tablespoon|
|Grated orange peel||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Evaporated skim milk||3 Tablespoon|
1) Take a large saucepan and combine sugar, 3/4 cup water and plums in it. Bring the mixture to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly.
2) Cover and reduce heat. Simmer for about 20 minutes or until plums are softened.
3) Pour mixture in a food processor bowl or blender container and process until smooth.
4) Strain mixture into the same saucepan.
5) Take a small cup and combine cornstarch with 1/4 cup water. Add to the plum mixture and cook over medium heat until mixture begins to boil and turn thick, stirring constantly. Allow the mixture to cool a little.
6) Spoon out the cooled mixture into six dessert dishes and refrigerate for a minimum of 30 minutes.
7) In the meanwhile, take a food processor bowl or blender container and mix all topping ingredients in it until smooth.
8) Pour mixture over plum pudding and serve immediately. Store any extra pudding in the refrigerator.
Calories 160 Calories from Fat 6
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 0.64 g0.99%
Saturated Fat 0.22 g1.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 1.6 mg0.5%
Sodium 11.3 mg0.5%
Total Carbohydrates 35 g11.8%
Dietary Fiber 1.8 g7%
Sugars 26.3 g
Protein 4 g8.5%
Vitamin A 8.4% Vitamin C 18.4%
Calcium 2.9% Iron 1.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet