Corn Pudding With Scalded Milk
|Whole corn kernels||2 Cup (32 tbs), drained (fresh or canned)|
|Green pepper||1⁄2 , seeded and minced|
|All purpose flour||2 Tablespoon, sifted|
|Baking powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Butter||2 Tablespoon, melted|
|Scalded milk/1 cup evaporated milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Hot water||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
1) Blend the corn in a blender set at low speed.
2) Drain the corn and turn the corn solids into a large bowl.
3) Throw the liquid away.
4) Beat the egg yolks till they are thick and lemon colored.
5) Add the corn, salt, sugar, pepper, green pepper and nutmeg. Beat well.
6) Into the egg mixture, beat the flour and baking powder. Add the melted butter and beat well.
7) Add the scalded milk and beat once again.
8) Beat the egg whites till they are stiff and fold them into the corn mixture.
9) Into a 1 ½-quart baking dish, turn the pudding and cover it with some foil or a lid.
10) In the bottom of a slow cooker, set a metal rack or trivet.
11) Into the cooker, pour 4 cups of hot water and on the trivet, set the baking dish.
12) Cover the cooker and cook on HIGH for 3 to 4 hours, till a silver knife inserted in the pudding-€™s center emerges completely clean.
13) Transfer the hot pudding to a serving plate and serve hot, lukewarm, at room temperature or chilled.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1887 Calories from Fat 478
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 53 g81.9%
Saturated Fat 25.6 g128%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 827.5 mg275.8%
Sodium 2704 mg112.7%
Total Carbohydrates 276 g92%
Dietary Fiber 59.3 g237.1%
Sugars 20.1 g
Protein 72 g143%
Vitamin A 42.5% Vitamin C 100.5%
Calcium 75.9% Iron 22.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet