|Flour||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs), sifted|
|Baking powder||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Butter||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Sugar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Eggs||2 Small, beaten|
|Milk||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Apples||2 Cup (32 tbs), thinly sliced|
1. Preheat oven moderate to 375°
2. In a bowl sieve dry ingredients.
3. In a bowl add beat and sugar. Cream together.
4. Fold in eggs, alternately add dry ingredients and milk.
5. Grease an 8" to 10" baking dish and spread half of the batter in it.
6. Cover sliced apples over it.
7. Dot with remaining batter.
8. Bake for 30 minutes.
9. Serve warm with a burnt sugar sauce or custard sauce if you like.