Caramel Bread Pudding
|Milk||5 Cup (80 tbs)|
|Day old bread slices||10 , cut into cubes|
|Brown sugar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Eggs||4 Small, beaten|
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1. Preheat the oven at 325°F.
2. Grease one 2 qt mold, two 1 qt molds, or two 9x4" loaf pans.
3. In a double boiler, scald milk.
4. In a bowl, place bread and add butter, brown sugar and salt in it.
5. Further, pour in hot milk and allow it to stand for 5 minutes.
6. Beat the eggs gently until fluffy.
7. Beat the bread mixture again and let it cool.
8. Once cooled, fold in eggs.
9. In a skillet, cook 1 cup sugar over low flame, stirring until caramelized.
10. Pour the mixture into the greased mold.
11. Tilt the mold to spread the caramelized sugar evenly over bottom and sides.
12. Allow the caramel coating cool slightly and then add pudding mixture.
13. In a pan of hot water, set the vessel of mixture.
14. Bake for 1 1/2 hours for 2 qt mold, 1 hour for 1 qt molds or until knife inserted in center comes out clean.
15. Allow it to cool slightly.Then, loosen the edges with a knife and turn out on platter.
16. Top with whipped cream and serve the pudding slightly warm.