1. In a large bowl, whisk the egg yolks, sugar and cornstarch together.
2. In a saucepan, combine the milk, chocolate chips and salt over medium heat and stir until the chocolate melts.
3. Gradually pour the hot chocolate mixture into the egg mixture, tempering and whisk constantly, and then add vanilla.
4. Return into the saucepan and stir for about 12 to 15 minutes until thick. Transfer to a bowl. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
5. Serve the chocolate pudding with whipped cream.
Why not prepare a delicious chocolate pudding for your kid's birthday party? Look at this excellent video that demonstrates a super simple and effortless recipe for chocolate pudding. The video is step-wise and explains the recipe in an interesting manner making it a must watch. Check it out...