Chocolate Banana Croissant Bread Pudding
|Egg yolks||3 Large|
|Unsweetened cocoa powder||5 Tablespoon|
|Packed brown sugar||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Milk||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs)|
|Heavy cream||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Vanilla bean||1⁄2 , split, scraped, seeds reserved|
|Ground nutmeg||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Ground cinnamon||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Brandy||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Firm bananas||4 , peeled and sliced|
|Lemon juice||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Croissants||4 Large, cut into cubes|
|Vanilla ice cream/Lightly sweetened whipped cream||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (Or As Required)|
1) Preheat the oven to 375 °F.
2) In the top of a double boiler, whisk the eggs until blended.
3) Whisk in the cocoa powder and brown sugar until thoroughly blended.
4) Then stir in the milk and cream.
5) Set the top of the double boiler over the bottom pan and warm the mixture.
6) Stir in the salt, spices, sugar and brandy; blend thoroughly.
7) Stir continuously and cook until the mixture is thickened and coats a spoon.
8) In a small skillet, melt the butter, saute the banana in butter until just softened.
9) Sprinkle with the lemon juice.
10) In a bowl, combine the chocolate custard, croissants and bananas together.
11) In a buttered 2 1/2-quart baking dish, spoon the mixture.
12) Set the baking dish in a large pan and fill halfway with hot water.
13) Bake in the preheated oven for about 30 minutes until set.
14) Serve the Chocolate Banana Croissant Bread Pudding on dessert plates.