|Butter||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Egg||4 , separated|
|Zwieback pieces||4 Ounce, crushed to fine crumbs (10 Pieces)|
|Ground almonds||3 Ounce|
|Raisins||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Lemon||1 , rind grated|
|Milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Bread crumbs||2 Tablespoon|
|Butter||1 Tablespoon (For Coating)|
|Boiling water||1 Cup (16 tbs) (As Required)|
1) Lightly coat a 1-quart mold with 1 tablespoon of butter and dredge with crumbs.
2) In a bowl, beat together butter and sugar, until light.
3) Beat in the egg yolks until fluffy.
4) Stir in the zwieback crumbs, almonds, raisins, lemon peel, milk, and salt.
5) In another bowl, beat the egg whites until stiff.
6) Gently fold the egg whites into the egg yolk mixture.
7) Slowly stream the egg mixture into the mold.
8) Wrap the top of the mold with foil and place on a rack in the slow cooker.
9) Pour the boiling water about halfway up the sides of the mold.
10) Put the lid on high heat for 1 hour or until small knife inserted in the center of the pudding comes out clean.
11) Take the pudding out of cooker and allow to rest for 5 minutes.
12) Invert the mold over a serving platter.
13) Serve warm, sprinkled with icing sugar.