Butterscotch Bread Pudding
|White bread cubes||2 Cup (32 tbs) (1/2 Inch Cubes)|
|Half-and-half||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
|Unsalted butter||1 Tablespoon|
|Vanilla extract||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Packed dark brown sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Egg yolk||1 Large|
|Vanilla ice cream||1 Pint (As Required)|
1) Preheat the oven to 350 °F.
2) Brush four 1 1/4-cup souffle dishes or ramekins with butter.
3) Add the bread cubes equally in the prepared dishes or ramekins.
4) In a medium saucepan, heat half-and-half, butter, salt and vanilla extract over a medium hea and stir until the butter has melted.
5) In a mixing bowl, whisk brown sugar, egg and egg yolk together with a wire whisk.
6) Gradually pour hot mixture in a slow steady stream, whisking constantly.
7) Pour the custard over bread cubes, dividing evenly.
8) Bake in the preheated oven for about 30 minutes until puffed and golden brown.
9) Serve the Butterscotch Bread Pudding with Vanilla ice cream.
Calories 514 Calories from Fat 242
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 27 g41.8%
Saturated Fat 16.2 g81.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 188 mg62.7%
Sodium 512.5 mg21.4%
Total Carbohydrates 57 g18.9%
Dietary Fiber 0.84 g3.4%
Sugars 38.3 g
Protein 11 g22.2%
Vitamin A 19.6% Vitamin C 2.3%
Calcium 29.5% Iron 2.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet