Frozen Nesselrode Pudding
|Whole almonds||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), blanched|
|Red maraschino cherries||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs), halved|
|Green maraschino cherries||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs), halved|
|Vanilla pudding and pie filling||6 Ounce (2 Packages, 3 Ounce Each)|
|Sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Milk||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Ground mace/Ground nutmeg||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Mixed candied fruit||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
|Macaroon crumbs/Vanilla wafer||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Rum/2 teaspoon rum extract||2 Tablespoon|
|Dessert topping cream/Whipped cream||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
1. In a container of food processor, add almonds and chop them fine by switching on and off the STIR blade.
2. Add it to a mixing bowl.
3. Repeat the same procedure with green and red cherries as done with almonds.
4. Make a pudding by blending milk and sugar as per the package directions.
5. Add nutmeg, mace, candied fruits, and cherries.
6. Chill the mixture by stirring at regular intervals.
7. Add crumbs, almonds and flavorings, and fold in dessert topping or whipped cream.
8. Spread on fancy 2 quart mold and freeze.
9. Unmold the pan by dipping in warm water, dry it outside the mold and avert it into serving dish.
10. Freeze until the dish hardens.
11. Serve with dessert topping or additional whipped cream after topping with maraschino cherries.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 5603 Calories from Fat 3567
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 399 g613.9%
Saturated Fat 241.6 g1208.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 1461.8 mg487.3%
Sodium 2140.9 mg89.2%
Total Carbohydrates 361 g120.3%
Dietary Fiber 15.3 g61.1%
Sugars 321 g
Protein 46 g91.4%
Vitamin A 20.8% Vitamin C 2.6%
Calcium 184.3% Iron 25.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet