Snow Pudding With Custard Sauce
|Unflavored gelatin||1 Tablespoon (1 Envelope)|
|Water||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
|Honey||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Freshly squeezed lemon juice||3 Tablespoon|
|Cream of tartar||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|Slim pastry cream||1 Cup (16 tbs) (Divided)|
|Unflavored gelatin||1⁄2 Tablespoon (1/2 Envelope)|
|Cold water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Skim milk||1 Cup (16 tbs), divided|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
1) In a small saucepan, soften the gelatin in water for 5 minutes.
2) Stir constantly over a medium heat, until the gelatin is dissolved.
3) Remove from heat and pour the gelatin into a medium-size bowl.
4) Stir in the honey and lemon juice, refrigerate the mixture until thickened.
5) In a large bowl, beat the egg whites until frothy.
6) Beat in the cream of tartar until stiff peaks are formed.
7) Fold in the gelatin mixture, turn into a wetted 2-quart mold and
refrigerate until set.
8) Slim Pastry Cream : In a small saucepan, soften the gelatin in cold water for 5 minutes, then heat until the gelatin is dissolved.
9) In a medium saucepan, heat 3/4 cup skim milk.
10) In an airtight jar, shake 1/4 cup skim milk and cornstarch together, or whisk together until thoroughly blended.
11) In a small bowl, beat the egg yolks and honey together until pale.
12) Beat in the cornstarch mixture.
13) Pour hot skim milk in the top of a double boiler set over hot water.
14) Gradually whisk in egg yolk mixture, stir constantly and cook, until the custard is thickened.
15) Remove from heat, turn into a medium-size bowl and stir in the gelatin along with the vanilla extract. Allow to cool
16) Unmold the pudding, top each serving with 2 tablespoons slim pastry cream and serve the Snow Pudding with Custard Sauce immediately.