Creamy Carob Pudding
|Skim milk||2 Cup (32 tbs), divided|
|Vanilla extract||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Carob powder||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Water||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
1) Versatile Carob Syrup: Sift the carob powder.
2) In a medium saucepan, cook the carob powder and water over a low heat, for about 6 minutes, stirring constantly, until smooth.
3) Cool and refrigerate in an airtight container until needed.
4) In the top of a double boiler set over boiling water, heat 1 1/2 cups skim milk.
5) In an airtight jar, shake rest of the skim milk and cornstarch together.
6) Gradually stir into the milk in double boiler.
7) Stir in the honey, stirring constantly and cook until thickened, .
8) Stir a little hot mixture into beaten egg, then gradually stir into hot milk mixture, stirring constantly.
9) Cook for another 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
10) Remove from heat and stir in vanilla and carob syrup.
11) Spoon the mixture into 4 dessert dishes and refrigerate.
12) Serve the Creamy Carob Pudding chilled.
Calories 272 Calories from Fat 13
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 1 g2.2%
Saturated Fat 0.52 g2.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 55.2 mg18.4%
Sodium 79.3 mg3.3%
Total Carbohydrates 58 g19.4%
Dietary Fiber 0.12 g0.46%
Sugars 33.7 g
Protein 6 g11.2%
Vitamin A 1.4% Vitamin C 2%
Calcium 15% Iron 2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet