Individual Strawberry Cheese Pudding
|For pineapple sauce|
|Freshly squeezed orange juice||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Canned unsweetened crushed pineapple||20 Ounce (1 can)|
|For other ingredients|
|Unsweetened frozen strawberries||16 Ounce, thawed (1 packet)|
|Unflavored gelatin||1 Tablespoon (1 envelope)|
|Part skim ricotta cheese||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Honey||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Evaporated skim milk||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs), chilled and whipped|
1. Using a soup strainer, drain thawed strawberries. Reserve the liquid in a small sauce pan.
2. Add gelatin and keep aside for 5 minutes.
3. Gently heat till gelatin dissolves and keep aside to cool.
4. In a medium sized bowl, combine ¼ cup honey and cheese. Cream well.
5. Add gelatin and mix well. Refrigerate for 30 minutes, while whisking occasionally.
6. To this mixture, add whipped milk and strawberries and fold gently using a rubber spatula.
7. Pour in 6 individual dessert glasses and refrigerate for minimum 3 hours (2 hours in freezer and 1 in refrigerator) or till set.
8. In a medium sized sauce pan, combine cornstarch, honey and orange juice. Using a whisk, mix well.
9. Add pineapple and mix well. Cook over a medium flame for 4 to 5 minutes or till sauce is thick.
10. Top each glass with pineapple sauce and serve chilled. Alternatively, you can set in glass moulds and de mould instead of dessert glasses.