|White bread loaf||1⁄2 Large, crusts removed and sliced|
|Cooking apples||1 Pound, peeled, cored and sliced (450 gram)|
|Caster sugar||6 Ounce (175 gram, adjust quantity as per taste)|
|Raspberries||1⁄2 Pound (225 gram)|
|Red currants||3⁄4 Pound (350 gram)|
|Whipped cream||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (adjust quantity as needed)|
1) Slice the bread into triangle or finger shapes, then line a 1.2 litre pudding mold with 1/3 bread shapes.
2) In a pan, cover and cook the apples, water and sugar over a low heat, until reduced to a puree.
3) Stir in the raspberries and redcurrants and heat thoroughly.
4) Allow to slightly cool, then taste and add more sugar, if required.
5) In the prepared pudding mold, spoon some fruit mixture, then cover with a layer of bread.
6) Place two more layers of fruit and bread and finish with the bread, then cover with a saucer and top with heavy weights.
7) Place the pudding in the refrigerator overnight.
8) If you wish to freeze the recipe do it at this stage. Remove the weights and saucer, cover the mold with a foil, then pack in a freezer bag, seal, label and freeze.
9) Unmold the Summer Pudding on a serving platter and serve with whipped cream.
10) If using the frozen dish, unwrap and thaw at room temperature for 4 hours. Serve as indicated in step 9.