Tangerine Bread Pudding With Peach Sauce
|Eggs||3 , separated (at room temperature)|
|Cream of tartar||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|Evaporated milk||1 2⁄3 Cup (26.67 tbs)|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
|Almond extract||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Ground cinnamon||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Whole wheat bread slice||4 , with crusts and broken into chunks|
|Peach sauce||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), divided|
1) Heat oven to 350°F.
2) Use vegetable spray on a 2-quart casserole.
3) In a bowl, beat the egg whites till fluffy.
4) Add cream of tartar and continue beating till the mix forms stiff peaks.
5) In another bowl, beat the egg yolks and honey till well mixed.
6) Add evaporated skim milk, extracts, and cinnamon, and lightly beat.
7) Mix in bread, till the mix is well absorbed.
8) Peel the tangerine, separate into sections and remove the pith.
9) Deseed and cut each section into four and add into the bread mix.
10) Fold in the beaten egg whites and turn out the mix into the casserole.
11) Place in oven on middle shelf for 45 minutes.
12) Serve warm or cold.
13) Add 1 tablespoon of Peach Sauce over each serving.