Fruit and Bread Pudding
|Whole grain bread slice||4 , coarsely chopped|
|Eggs||3 , separated into yolks and whites|
|Cream of tartar||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|Skim milk||1 3⁄4 Cup (28 tbs)|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
|Cinnamon powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Fresh pear||1 Large, peeled, cored, and chopped|
|Raisins||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), soaked in water|
|Vegetable oil||2 Tablespoon (for greasing)|
1. Pre heat an oven at 162.5 C (350 F).
2. Grease baking tin/ oven proof baking dish and keep aside.
3. In a medium sized bowl, place egg whites and beat till foam stage.
4. Add cream of tartar and beat till stiff peak stage.
5. In a large bowl, combine egg yolks and honey. Beat well.
6. Add milk, vanilla and cinnamon and beat once till combined.
7. Add bread, pears and raisins and mix well.
8. Add beaten egg whites and transfer to greased dish and bake on middle rack in pre heated oven for 60 minutes.
9. Once baked, remove from oven and keep aside to cool.
10. Serve warm or chilled, as desired.