Baked Lemon Pudding
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Lemon||1 , juiced and rind grated|
|Eggs||2 , separated into yolks and whites|
|All purpose flour||2 Tablespoon|
|Milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Hot water||1 Cup (16 tbs) (as required)|
1. Preheat an oven to 175C (350F).
2. In two separate medium sized bowls, beat egg yolks and egg whites. Keep aside.
3. In a medium sized bowl, combine sugar and butter and mix well.
4. Add egg yolks, lemon juice, lemon rind and mix well using a wooden spoon.
5. Add milk and flour and fold well using a rubber spatula.
6. Add beaten egg whites and fold gently.
7. Transfer mixture on to a casserole dish and place this dish on a baking tray containing hot water.
8. Bake (with water bath) in pre heated oven for 40 minutes.
9. Once baked, remove from oven and keep aside.
10. Serve warm with a sauce of your choice.