Spicy Plum Pudding
|Mixed peel||1⁄2 Pound|
|Grated apple||1 Pound|
|Fine dried breadcrumbs||1 Pound|
|All purpose flour||1⁄4 Pound|
|Demerara sugar||1 Pound|
|Cinnamon powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Allspice powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Nutmeg powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Clove powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Eggs||4 , beaten|
|Beer/Ale||2 Fluid Ounce (As Required)|
|Brandy/Rum||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Butter||1 Teaspoon (For Greasing)|
1. In a large sized bowl, combine all the fruits and soak overnight in brandy or rum.
2. In medium sized flour, sieve flour along with spice powders. Keep aside.
3. In a medium sized bowl, combine beaten eggs with ale or beer to make 1 pint liquid (2 cups).
4. Grease small pudding bowls and keep aside.
5. Once soaked well, add breadcrumbs, suet and sugar to fruit mixture and mix well using a rubber spatula.
6. Add flour mixture and mix well.
7. Add egg-beer mixture and fold gently till well combined.
8. Transfer mixture on to greased bowls, filling only up to ¾ their height.
9. Seal each with muslin cloth and tie with string to keep intact.
10. Place on a covered hot water bath/ steamer and steam for 5 hours or till done.
11. Serve warm.