2 Tablespoon (25 ml + 1 tbsp (15 ml) butter, softened for topping)
2 Tablespoon ( 25 ml)
2 Tablespoon (for topping)
1) Preheat the oven to 325°F (160°C).
2) Peel, core and slice pears; toss with lemon juice to prevent browning.
3) In skillet, melt butter over medium-high heat; cook pears and 2 tbsp (25 mL) of the maple syrup, stirring occasionally, for 7 to 10 minutes or until pears are tender and liquid has evaporated.
4) Stir in bread cubes. Spread pear mixture in 8-inch (2 L) square baking dish and set aside.
5) In bowl, whisk together eggs, yolks, milk, remaining maple syrup and vanilla; pour over pear mixture.
6) Topping: In small bowl, combine walnuts, brown sugar and butter; sprinkle over pudding.
7) Place baking dish in large shallow pan and pour in enough hot water to come halfway up sides of dish.
8) Bake in the preheated oven for about 45 minutes or until just set in centre.
Pear and maple syrup - is a right combination for cooking up a bread pudding. It is surely a nice break from the regular dessert choice. Prepare the dessert and experience a delicious extravaganza. Learn the cooking process from experienced chef, in this video.