|Self-raising flour||4 Ounce|
|Mixed spice||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Fresh breadcrumbs||4 Tablespoon (Rounded Tablespoons)|
|Soft brown sugar||2 Tablespoon (Rounded Tablespoons)|
|Dates||4 Ounce, stoned and chopped|
|Golden syrup||1 Tablespoon|
1) In a bowl, add flour, spice, and salt and sift.
2) Rub in the butter, add in the breadcrumbs, sugar and chopped dates.
3) In another bowl, add eggs with syrup and milk and beat well.
4) Add to the flour and mix till smooth. If the mix is too thick add milk to thin.
5) Transfer to a well-greased basin.
6) Cover with greaseproof paper and foil and pleat the centre.
7) Tie tight and allow to steam for 1 1/2-2 hours.
8) Serve with custard or custard sauce.