Boiled Apple Pudding
|Suet crust pastry||4 Ounce|
|Cooking apples||1 Pound|
1. Take a 1 pint basin and grease it; prepare a piece of double greaseproof paper to cover the basin. Put it on steamer.
2. Using a knife, peel, quarter and core apples. Cut very thinly into slices and put them into cold water.
3. On a floured surface, roll out the suet crust pastry.
4. Line the basin with half of the pastry. Roll remaining pastry to fit the top of the basin.
5. Strain the water from apples. Put half the apples in the basin; add sugar, then put the remaining fruit.
6. With water dampen the top edge of pastry and press lid on.
7. With greaseproof paper, cover and tie down firmly.
8. Turn on the steamer and steam pudding gently for 2 to 2 1/2 hours.
9. Up on a heated dish, turn out the pudding. Sprinkle with caster sugar. Serve with custard.