Rice Pudding with Caramel Crunch
|Rice pudding||2 Pound (Delicatessen, 2 Cans, 15 3/4-Ounce Size)|
|Sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Almonds||8 , blanched|
|Sweetened whipped cream||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1. Place readymade pudding in a shallow serving bowl or dish. Ensure that the pudding doesn-€™t take up all the place right up to the rim. Keep 1 inch place for syrup.
2. Cling wrap and refrigerate till required or for atleast 2 hours.
3. In a thick bottom pan, combine sugar and almonds and mix well.
4. Cook on a medium flame till sugar melts, while stirring continuously.
5. Remove from flame when it turns into a golden syrup, amber in colour.
6. Remove cling wrap from chilled pudding.
7. Pour sugar syrup over pudding, ensuring it is uniformly drizzled.
8. Serve immediately with whipped cream.