Rice Pudding with Caramel Crunch
|Rice pudding||2 Pound (Delicatessen, 2 Cans, 15 3/4-Ounce Size)|
|Sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Almonds||8 , blanched|
|Sweetened whipped cream||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1. Place readymade pudding in a shallow serving bowl or dish. Ensure that the pudding doesn-€™t take up all the place right up to the rim. Keep 1 inch place for syrup.
2. Cling wrap and refrigerate till required or for atleast 2 hours.
3. In a thick bottom pan, combine sugar and almonds and mix well.
4. Cook on a medium flame till sugar melts, while stirring continuously.
5. Remove from flame when it turns into a golden syrup, amber in colour.
6. Remove cling wrap from chilled pudding.
7. Pour sugar syrup over pudding, ensuring it is uniformly drizzled.
8. Serve immediately with whipped cream.
Calories 219 Calories from Fat 43
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 5 g7.5%
Saturated Fat 2.4 g12.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 14.8 mg4.9%
Sodium 131.7 mg5.5%
Total Carbohydrates 40 g13.3%
Dietary Fiber 0.36 g1.4%
Sugars 15.5 g
Protein 5 g9.3%
Vitamin A 5.4% Vitamin C 1.5%
Calcium 14.3% Iron 2.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet