Orange Bread Pudding
|Skim milk||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Egg||1 , separated|
|Artificial sweetener||3 Teaspoon|
|Hot water||4 Tablespoon|
1) Preheat the oven to 375°F.
2) Brush the bottom of 1 small baking dish or ear dish with butter.
3) In a saucepan, mix together milk and orange rind.
4) Heat the milk mixture to simmer for 10 minutes, but don-€™t let it boil.
5) Pass it through a strainer and leave it aside to cool down a bit.
6) In a clean bowl, whisk the egg yolk and blend in the milk and sweetener.
7) In another clean bowl beat the egg white to peak consistency.
8) Lightly fold the egg white into the milk mixture.
9) Place the bread slice in the baking dish or ear dish, and spread the egg mixture over it.
10) Pour hot water in a shallow pan until 1/2 filled.
11) Place the baking dish or ear dish in a shallow pan.
12) Bake for 40 minutes or until firm and lightly browned on top.
13) Serve hot or cold garnished with orange segments.