Orange Bread Pudding
|Skim milk||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Egg||1 , separated|
|Artificial sweetener||3 Teaspoon|
|Hot water||4 Tablespoon|
1) Preheat the oven to 375°F.
2) Brush the bottom of 1 small baking dish or ear dish with butter.
3) In a saucepan, mix together milk and orange rind.
4) Heat the milk mixture to simmer for 10 minutes, but don-€™t let it boil.
5) Pass it through a strainer and leave it aside to cool down a bit.
6) In a clean bowl, whisk the egg yolk and blend in the milk and sweetener.
7) In another clean bowl beat the egg white to peak consistency.
8) Lightly fold the egg white into the milk mixture.
9) Place the bread slice in the baking dish or ear dish, and spread the egg mixture over it.
10) Pour hot water in a shallow pan until 1/2 filled.
11) Place the baking dish or ear dish in a shallow pan.
12) Bake for 40 minutes or until firm and lightly browned on top.
13) Serve hot or cold garnished with orange segments.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 290 Calories from Fat 112
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 13 g19.4%
Saturated Fat 5.9 g29.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 228.8 mg76.3%
Sodium 250.1 mg10.4%
Total Carbohydrates 35 g11.5%
Dietary Fiber 4.6 g18.5%
Sugars 18.3 g
Protein 12 g23.4%
Vitamin A 15.9% Vitamin C 120.2%
Calcium 19.1% Iron 10.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet