Peach Meringue Pudding
|Milk||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs)|
|Semolina||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Peach jam/Raspberry jam||3 Tablespoon|
|Almonds||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), toasted and flaked|
1) Preheat oven to the temperature of 350°.
2) Peel athe peaches and cut them into halves.
3) Remove the pits from the peaches.
4) In a saucepan, heat the milk and sprinkle in the semolina, keep stirring.
5) Boil the milk and cook, stirring, for 3 minutes till thickened.
6) Remove pan from the heat.
7) Separate the eggs.
8) Beat the yolks into the semolina with 2 tbsp of the sugar.
9) In a 7-inch souffle dish, pour the mixture and smooth surface.
10) Place a little jam on each peach half.
11) Arrange peaches in souffle dish, some with the cut sides pressing against the sides of the dish and the rest jam-side down on the semolina.
12) Beat the egg whites till stiff, then beat in half the remaining sugar.
13) Fold in the finely chopped almonds and the rest of the sugar.
14) Pipe or spoon the meringue over the peaches.
15) Bake for 20 minutes till the meringue is lightly browned.
16) Let the pudding remain hot or leave to cool completely and chill before serving.
17) Serve the pudding hot or chilled with some pouring cream.